There is no denying the proliferation of CBD products on the market, either in stores, dispensaries and especially online. Because of this, you may find yourself scratching your head looking at two these different types of CBD, with both making claims that they are the best. In order to get to the bottom of this, and get the right product in your hands, we are going to break this down and make it nice and simple, so that the next time you are making a purchase, especially buying CBD online, you won’t need to feel any of that unnecessary anxiety, hey you might even sound like an expert. Stay tuned!
Types of CBD Consumption
There’s more than one way to skin a… wait, we love our furry friends, we would never say that! How about, there’s more than one way to peel a potato! There’s also more than one way to consume your CBD, let’s be clear, the methods for consuming CBD are a bit science and a bit preference, and we will save which is better/worse for a different blog post.
CBD oil is best consumed by putting drops under your tongue and holding it there for up to 90 seconds. The reason for this is that CBD oil is absorbed better directly into the bloodstream from under your tongue than through your digestive system.
If you swallow a CBD product, this means you are consuming it orally. This applies to capsules and gummies, however for the purpose of this blog we are only going to be referencing water-soluble CBD.
CBD is often found in the form of creams or salves, the main idea behind this is that you can apply it directly to specific areas of your body instead of letting your circulatory system sort it out for you.
CBD Oil: A closer look
CBD is one of many cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant, and when extracted it is naturally in an oil form. Let’s face it, one of the most fantastic things about CBD is that it’s not something cooked up in a lab like so many medications people use these days, it was given to us by Mother Earth! There is something to be said about consuming it in its natural form.
- CBD oil, when ingested correctly sublingually is absorbed directly into the bloodstream and can be done so without the addition of extra ingredients, compounds or synthetics.
- Oils are something that naturally stay fresh longer than something that is water-based, so if you are big into oils you may want to take advantage of Santtam CBD’s bulk discounts 😉
Make sure you consider
- Mother Nature, in all her wisdom chose not to make gummy bears and lollipops grow on trees. CBD in its natural state has been known to have a strong flavor, and when placed under the tongue for up to 90 seconds you will taste it. The Santtam team is a fan though!
- The method of oil consumption will affect how much is absorbed by your body. You can add oils to foods and beverages to your heart’s content, but you may not be getting as much of that precious CBD as if you had taken it sublingually.
Water-Soluble CBD: Hard-boiled Facts
Because CBD oil does not absorb extremely well when consumed orally and it does have a flavor, CBD producers saw an opportunity to throw a little science into the equation and kill two birds… wait we love our feathery friends, we would never say that! How about, CBD producers decided to find a way to feed two birds from one hand. Water-soluble CDB is a product of nanotechnology (really?! Yes!), CBD oil is broken down into extremely small nano-particles, where it can then be combined with other molecules that can be dissolved in water.
- Water-soluble CBD is the result of several scientific breakthroughs designed to increase the amount of CBD that can be absorbed per serving, this is referred to as bioavailability.
- Because water-soluble CDB has been stripped down to such a small particle, when it is then synthesized it can be flavored or produced in substances that can easily be added to beverages or consumed directly.
Make sure you consider
- Water soluble CBD is always going to contain other ingredients, this means that if you have dietary restrictions or special preferences, you are going to need to take a look at the list of ingredients before you consume these products.
- Water soluble tinctures might not have as long of a shelf life as oil-based CBD products, the best solution for this is to sign up to a membership plan to get this mailed to you just in time! Coming soon from Santtam!
Both water-soluble CBD and CBD oil contain the cannabinoid spectrum and here at Santtam we take all the hassle out of shopping for CBD online. We are ready and waiting to answer any of your questions or give you guidance as needed!